Monday

COLONIA



Thought we´d get away from the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires, to head to the small UNESCO protected town of Colonia, over the River Plate in Uruguay.

After an amazing protracted process to buy our ferry tickets, the security guys took offence at Tony´s small Leatherman tool - so it was back into our fourth queue to hand over our rucksack to go into the hold of the boat!

It was all worth it as Colonia was a lovely town - very picturesque setting on the river side - with beautiful Portuguese colonial buildings. To top it all off, we had a fantastic meal at a place called El Drugstore which was featured in Conde Nast a while ago.mmm

Luckily the process to get back was a lot simpler - and we managed to catch the fast ferry to Buenos Aires.

1 comment:

Rachel Menzel said...

Hi Em & Tony,

Sounds like you're both having a whale of a time ! You lucky things. You both look really well in the photos!

Just finished work on Friday 4/5/07 to go on Annual/Maternity leave - Yipee! Therefore I have much more time on my hands to catch up with all your stories about your travels. Haven't had time to read all your blogs yet, but hope to have a proper read over the coming weeks. I have had a look at all the picccies though and they look fab! I thought that one of the photos on a narrow mountain pass looked a little precarious though !- you 2 are very brave!!!

I was particularly drawn to your note re Bariloche & the number of Chocolate shops, as my craving through my pregnancy has been chocolate- the baby can't stop kicking once I get me some- MMMmmmm!!!

I hope you get my note before tomorrow, the BIG day of your wedding ! How exciting ! I hope you both have a wonderful day and enjoy every minute of it!! I shall be thinking of you both even though I cannot be with you. Please hurry and post some photos on your blog so that I can see how beautiful you looked (that's Emma not you Ton!- only kidding - I'm sure you will look gorgeous too!).

Good Luck for tomorrow & keep in touch !

Lots of Love
Rach, Ren & Bump
X X X

p.s. Am I the first one to post a comment on the blog sight? Do I get charged for having a google account?